Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 5: Storytelling styles.

The first story telling method that I would like to talk about is having Vishnu as the storyteller. This would be great because Hanuman is one of Rama’s (a incarnation of Vishnu) biggest devotees and is also a god so he knows all about Hanuman and his life's tales. In this way, I could tell all of the stories through Vishnu’s perspective and have them all combine to show how helpful Hanuman was throughout his lifetime in helping Vishnu accomplish his mission of defeating Ravana as a human.
Source: The Brother's of Rama.

The second story telling method I thought of was using Hanuman as a role model for children these days. A lot of Hanuman’s stories have and can contain good morals that kids need to learn today. Most of Hanuman ‘s stories can be turned into children’s stories easily. One example is the story of when Hanuman is cursed by the sage of forgetting his powers. That story can be turned into a story for children to learn that they must not disrespect their elders and can turn into bad consequences for them.
Source: Tales of Ganesha.

The third story telling style I was thinking and was my favorite was telling it from the different gods perspective. Like the story of when Hanuman reaches for the sun, thinking it is a mango, can be told by the god of wind or Vayu. This storytelling style is my favorite because I actually got this idea from one of the storytelling projects I read earlier on this year. This project really kept me interested and I think it was really one of the best that I saw because it really kept me interested in the stories and I never felt like I needed a break.
Source: The Brother's of Rama.

The fourth storytelling style that I was thinking about doing a children's storybook, where one could find different stories that include different kinds of morale. This was one that caught my attention because I have read a lot of different children's stories that were written using many different styles.
Source: Vishnu's Bedtime Stories.

The last story telling style I chose was the TV show storytelling. I think this would be one of the more fun ideas because everyone is glued to their TVs nowadays and no one can live without it. It might be fun to see what a hanuman TV show would produce and show. This might also be one of the harder story telling style’s because it requires me to tell them in sequence like a TV show and I don’t think I have four Hanuman stories that can be put together like episodes of a TV show.
Source: How I met your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment