Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 8: Reading Diary


Throughout this class, one assignment I always loved to do was the reading diary. I really like doing this part because it helped understand the story better. In my diaries, I used to just try and retell the stories in my own words to the best of my abilities. The best thing was when I didn’t understand a part or wanted someone else’s opinion, I could just go read peoples diaries from our class. This helped clear things up when I was confused. Even though in all my diaries I used the same style of writing, it was great to know that I could use whatever writing style that helped me understand better. It was also always nice to come back to the reading diary because this always helped write the stories and made the stories better. This was somewhat like while reading other classes and taking notes. I feel like this will help me further my reading for other classes. I will always make sure to take notes while reading for my other classes and this will make sure to improve my notes rather than just reading the book. It makes sure that I can come back to it later and also improve my understanding of the material. This assignment really has helped me and my other friends that I had talked about this assignment with. I also really liked how this assignment had a lot of ways to be completed. You could basically pick whatever style you preferred and worked best for you. So if one style wasn’t working for you, you were welcome to change styles the next week or whenever you did the next assignment. It was also always great coming back to what you had read about since there are times when there is a lot of things going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment